Monday, March 22, 2010

What's in My Make-up Bag?

Awhile ago, Bloomzy and Mitsu and a few other bloggers whom I've forgotten did a make up loot post, I thought it was a brilliant idea so I decided to do my own. However, I have like nearly 4-5 different makeup bags but only 2 bags that I actually use, the rest are either colours that look awful on me or products that I've kept simply because I love the packaging. So I'll only show the 2 bags of products that I use on a regular basis.


Firstly, the brushes that I use most. 2 blush brushes, one for my bronzer and the other for my blush and highlighter, one eyeshadow brush and I actually use my old Canmake pencil as my eyebrow brush as its softer then my Body Shop eyebrow brush. (I actually have a full set of make up brushes, an old Chirstmas gift from my parents. The salesgirl thought I was a make up artist when paying for it! Hahaha)

The make up that I use on a regular basis (row by row from the top left):

Bourjois Imperfection Concealer in 11 Beige Ivoire
Revlon New Complexion Loose Powder in Tranluscent #02
Gatsby Powdered Oil Clear Paper
YSL Everlong Mascara
Limited Edition Anna Sui Lipstick B in 01
Majorlica Majorca Honey Pump gloss in PK 133
The Body Shop's Christmas Edition Black Velvet Apricot Lipbalm
Kate Diamond-cut Eyeshadow in BR-2 & BR-1 (BR-2 is greyish black whilst BR-1 is more brown)
Spotlight Blemish Balm
Cyber Colours Puff Puff Blusher in Gold Bronze 02 (I use this as my bronzer)
Kate Gel Eyeliner and brush in BK-1 (my favourite eyeliner ever!)
Canmake Eyebrow Pencil in 04
Dolly Wink pencil in Brown 02
L.A. Girl Eyeliner in P626 White
The Body Shop blush in Raspberry Pink (I bought this very, very long ago, but its still good and it lasts really long)
Canmake Highlighter in 01

My lashes stuffed into my Dolly Wink case, the lashes come from everywhere like Daiso, Dolly Wink and Canmake.

My other make up collection, these are also in the 2 bags, but I don't use them as regularly that's why their seperated (from left of top row):


Anna Sui Super-Black Long Lash Mascara in 001
Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara
YSL Faux Effects Mascara
Super Quick Eyeliner * EX (I use this to line my lower eyelids sometimes, the pencil is purposely slanted for easier lining)
Fiberwig Paint-on False Lashes Mascara
Canmake Super Glitter Liner (awesome for phototaking, though it sometimes makes the whites of my eyes appear yellowish if I didn't have enough rest)
SKII Foundation in 420 (expensive but makes my skin oh-so-glowy and its really natural-looking, people sometimes think its my natural skin when I put it on)
Anna Sui Rouge G in 301
Anna Sui Rouge M in 350
Skinfood Raspberry lipgloss in 2
Eyetalk Double-lid glue
Bourjois Compact Powder in 71 Beige clair (for breakout days, as this has heavier coverage but still looks natural)

If you guys have noticed, I have alot of mascara, as there was a period where I layered all these various mascaras to have super-long lashes, I received alot of compliments on my lashes but the work was really tedious so I've switched to falsies now. I also stick to Anna Sui for lipsticks, somehow drugsotre lipsticks don't have as nice colours and tend to dry my lips out. I don't really stick to one brand for my makeup for as long as the product works and is worth the money I pay for, I'll stick to it! But I definitely agree with Bloomzy on the part where she said, Quality over Quantity, its worth paying bit more for better products at times, but some drugstore brands like Canmake have products that can rival expensive brands so don't get sucked into the branding sometimes.




4 comments:

  1. OMG the amount of eyelashes in your DollyWink case astounds me! I'm impressed! I have like 3 pair in mine lol how are you able to separate them when you need them? I have a hard enough time with 3 >_<;;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I keep my upper lahes in the larger compartment and inidividual and lower lashes in the smaller compartment together with my lash glue.

    All the lashes are different types, so it's easy for me to tell which is which, but yea, soemtimes they clump together if I didn't remove the glue properly so I have to "peel" them apart. But its no biggie for me. The only ones that confuse me are my dolly wink lahses as I have 2 pairs that are exactly the same, except that I cut one pair bit shorter so sometimes, I have to literally measure the lashes haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL OMG YOUR LASH CASE!!
    how do you find the matching pairs!
    thats amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, they're all different styles and thickness so I can differentiate them easily.

    ReplyDelete