Saturday, May 22, 2010

My Current Favourite Songs 2

Since it's coming to the end of the month and I totally forgot to do last month's list of favourite songs, might as well post it first before the end of the month comes and goes once again.

So here's this month's current 5 favourite songs:




Meltdown (Hatsune Miku Remix Ver.) - I like the updated beat of this song and how the MV ties both Meltdown videos together, but I do have to admit that Miku certainly can't reach the high notes as well as Rin can.


Private Emotion by Ricky Martin - The P.A. system at my workplace keeps playing a few songs in a loop but I'm often half-ignorant of the music until this song comes on. I usually end up humming along to the music subconciously, but I've loved this song from the beginning anyway.


Be Human (written by Yoko Kanno, not sure who the singer is...) - Rarely in this day and age do I hear a song that moves me and makes me think as much as this song has. It was written for the anime Ghost in the Shell and it sums up quite abit of the entire plot of the show.



Gravity (written by Yoko Kanno, performed by Maaya Sakamoto) - I love listening to this song to unwind after a long day, Maaya's voice somehow always soothes and relaxes me. Some of you may know Maaya as the voice actress of Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club and many other various anime. This is also the ending song of one of my favourite animes ever, Wolf's Rain. Its animes like this that prove that anime isn't simply a japanese form of cartoons for kids.


Tatta Hitotsu no Omoi by KOKIA - This song is definitely on of my all-time favourites. I often listen to a few songs repeatedly for a certain time frame before moving onto new ones and hardly ever touching the old songs again, but this song is one that I always listen to. It's the opening song to the anime Gunslinger Girl Il Teatrino, another favourite anime of mine and another anime that makes you think. I like the MV alot and been wanting to get a camera that can produce the same effect in photographs, I can just never get what is this effect called. Damn...

No comments:

Post a Comment