Monday, June 14, 2010

New Nail Colour

Anna Sui Nail Colour N in 700

Despite being a Japanese makeup brand, Shu Uemura is really strict about numerous things, for one, my hair colour is technically toeing the line on being too bright, but I guess because I'm a part-timer and on a 3 month contract, they're closing one eye about that matter.


However, during the training session, I was immediately pointed out for having on nail polish so I had to hastily come up with some random excuse and a promise to not wear such nail colour again (it was dark blue polish btw).


After deliberating between leaving my nails bare or painting on nude polish, I naturally chose the latter. I don't know, but in my opinion, having painted nails, even if they're plain shows that the person is more professional especially in this industry (I'm very concious about little details like these).


After hunting around for the perfect nude polish, I found mine by accident thanks to the Anna Sui counter conveniently located next to my counter and being on desperation mode to have some decent nails for my graduation ceremony.


I like that the colour is pinkish instead of simply beige and it matches my skin tone perfectly! My fingers look longer and slimmer everytime I paint it on (which is a godsend for short, stubby fingers like mine). The paint stays on for a decent 2-3 weeks before chipping and not to mention the signature rose scent of the polish, so that I don't have to suffer from inhaling noxious, headache- creating polish smells.


Sometimes desperation and accidents create the best results....

2 comments:

  1. Wow, the color of that nail polish is just too lovely! I couldn't imagine working at a place that checks my hair and nail color..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ さらまり - Thanks! Yeah, they're pretty strict about alot of things, I kindda wish I had joined Anna Sui instead, they encourage you to dye your hair as lgiht as possible, enocurage fancy nail art and not to mention, they give you anna sui clothes to wear as your uniform!

    ReplyDelete