Saturday, September 15, 2012

Personal Outfits (Sis's Birthday Celebration & Chilling)

My sister's birthday is coming up soon, on the 18th to be exact. However, due to my sister's internship commitments, my family decided it'll be best to have our usual birthday dinner alittle earlier. 

 We went to this hotpot place at Vivocity. It's basically a bowl of bland soup placed over a heater and you throw in all kinds of meat and veggies to cook them and flavour the soup. Very nutritious, comforting and a delight on a chilly day as it really warms your body up.

 Was rushed outta the house before I had a chance to style my hair so that explains the messy hair. Fairly simple and comfy outfit that I quickly threw on:
Polka dot Top: Bonica Dot
Paperbag Shorts: Spiral Girl
Shoes: Itti & Otto
Cat Ear Hairband: Taobao

 Love my cat ear hairband, it's pretty cute and eye-catching but not "in-your-face". I also finally got the chance to do full makeup with fake lashes and stuff after too damn long.

During the course of the week, I've been going to a load of interviews for potential jobs, one seems promising and the Bf told me bout another interesting job that I may decide to take a look at. Rushing about for interviews has been kinda stressful and I hate the feeling that you're like semi-begging for a job when the company people glare at you with narrowed eyes and keep looking down upon you with a sneer. I just hope I do get a job eventually and it'll be something I love to do.

I treated myself to some time off to just unwind my nerves and get some stress relief.
 Had brunch at Starbucks whilst waiting for the Bf to finish his interview. Ordered this sandwich consisting of an English muffin, turkey ham, cheddar and egg white. Had a cup of frothy green tea soy latte to wash it all down and a light read to take my mind off things.

 Did lighter makeup too as I was getting tired of my usual makeup routine. I took the opportunity to test out The Face Shop BB cream (will write a more thorough review later), dusted a light layer of loose powder over, some peach blush, gloss and just a layer of mascara for my makeup for the day. Very very light compared to my usual as I didn't do contouring or layer my lashes with different mascaras.

 Pulled back one side of my hair into a side braid and fastened a barette over it.

 After a week of knee length black skirts, starched up collared shirts and black pumps, it felt very liberating to wear something loose and flowy.
Maxi dress: random shop in Holland Village
Loose knit top: Uniqlo
Hobo Bag: Jimmy Choo

I also "stole" my mom's ultra soft lambskin Chanel shoes. My feet felt like they were walking on air all day after being confined to pointy pumps all week.

I'm taking one day at a time now to slowly decide what I wanna do and who I wanna be, it isn't really easy as I've never really given much thought to it and I'm not the type of person to run after their careers and decide to be like some important person after a set number of years. I'm fairly laid back and easy going, so I'm just seeing wherever life takes me.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute outfits! And good luck on the job search!

    Thanks for sharing~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I need all the luck I can get ~ XD

    ReplyDelete