Friday, October 5, 2012

Sponsored Review: LOVEMORE Pearl Barley & Milk Smoothing Face Mask

*Sponsored Review

I haven't been using face masks for the longest time as some masks can be rather thick and cumbersome to use, some even threaten to fall off your face if you aren't lying completely flat! Personally, I like to watch an episode of anime on my laptop as the mask does its work, so I need a mask that feels like it isn't there and fits my face well.

So when Secretive.sg offered me a set of masks which claimed to "fit like a glove for your skin to drink up all the essence!" I wanted to put that claim to the test.

After some discussion, this box arrived at my door step a week later

Excitedly, I ripped the package open and what greeted me, was this cheerful pink box with snowflake prints dotting it.  
Secretive.sg had generously given me so many masks!!! I was spoilt for choice! Review of the Sexy Look Rejuvenating Duo Lifting Mask will be up soon! Amongst the many choices, I chose to review the mask that targetted my main concern, oily skin!

For my combination-oily skin, the Pearl Barley & Milk Smoothing Mask was the solution!

A look at the description and ingredients list, but for those who are lazy to click, here's the breakdown:
Main ingredients: Barley Extract, Milk, Silk protein and horse chestnut extract.

Barley is a great remedy for the skin and in chinese medicinal belief, it helps to "cool down" the body which is really important considering the scorching weather we've been having lately. Barley contains a great deal of proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins B1 & B2 and amino acids.  

Ripped the pack open, the fine silk mask was sandwiched between 2 layers of plastic to retain its shape and prevent the delicate mask from tearing

 Instructions are, after pulling the delicate mask out, you peel off the hard white plastic and apply the mask, cloth side on to your face and arrange it carefully to ensure everything is in place
When you're sure everything is in place, carefully peel off the thinner blue plastic and you're left with the ultra thin and fine silk mask on your face. It fitted every nook and cranny of my face, ensuring the nutrient rich mask was letting my face absorb its goodness.

I left the mask on for the length of one anime episode (about 25 minutes long) and despite the package saying to only put the mask on for 15-20 minutes, my face still felt deeply moisturised and there was alot of the precious essence left on the mask and in the pack for me to pat onto my neck. I was also sitting straight up the entire time and not once did I have to adjust the mask to prevent it from slipping off, I actually forgot I had it on! The mask really fitted my face like a glove, it was comfortable and felt so soft!

The real test was checking out the results for the entire day. I didn't apply anything on my face for the entire day as I ran around doing errands, but I did notice that my pores seemed to have shrunk, my face still felt plump and hydrated even in the midday sun, my face also seemed to be less puffy then before as my jaw line seemed more defined that day. However, most importantly, the oil on my face was significantly cut down! I didn't get the horrible oily sheen that usually occurs by mid day and it continued well into the evening. My skin definitely felt great and the mask lived up to its promise of making my skin "glow in radiance and feels firmer and smoother" as well as giving me its promise of having "baby soft skin".

I will definitely reccomend this mask to anyone who has to deal with oily skin, it hydrates your skin while dealing with the oil issue incredibly well!

To get your hands on this fabulous mask, head to their website www.secretive.sg!
Do take a look at their facebook page too Secretive FB Sexylook FB LoveMore FB

No comments:

Post a Comment