Sunday, January 27, 2013

Personal Outfit (Here Comes the Sun)

Just when I was getting used to snuggling in warm cosy knits and drinking lots of hot tea, my country's weather decides to troll me and bring out the blazing sun without even a single cloud to mercifully block the sun's blinding heat rays.

So I had to rethink my outfit when I recently had a date dinner with the bf, but before we get to that, lets take a look at all the yummy food we had that evening! Isetan was having one of their usual Japanese food fairs, so we took the opportunity to look around and taste some samples, I'm now regretting not getting a croquette but we enjoyed a few other things.

Bf's Tonkotsu ramen above and my miso ramen. The soups were thick, salty and rich with lots of springy yellow curly noodles, I love curly noodles, I hate having those straight noodles in my ramen. The soup were quite rich, so much that we were really gagging for water after enjoying them.

Delicious hand made dango. They were each bout the size of a ping pong ball, we ordered our favourite sweet soy sauce version and decided to try out this seaweed version that I had never seen before. The seaweed version was savoury with the salty seaweed and soy sauce coating, while the sweet soy sauce version was sweeter but not as sweet as some others I had tried before. It was almost like eating salted caramel. It was also the first time I got to try real handmade dango and they are soo different from the machine ones, the dangos are chewier but softer and I could sometimes feel abit of the rice texture whilst chewing. 

Also shared lovely soft ice cream, in melon and green tea flavours. I loved the melon but the bf wasn't a fan of the sweet, fruity flavour, the green tea was nice too, it wasn't sweet but had just the right hint of bitterness.

I ended up wearing a more casual outfit that day, and I also used it as the perfect excuse to finally use my new peach/pink Uniqlo blazer as well as my Vivienne Westwood X Melissa heart heels. I got the blazer because I loved the soft pastel colours and it reminded me very much of Rienda's cardigans.
Blazer: Uniqlo
Oxford shirt: Uniqlo
Denim shorts: Cotton On
Heels: Vivienne Westwood X Melissa
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff

I know it's difficult to see in the above picture but my inner oxford shirt is actually baby blue with white polka dots. I'm quite addicted to Uniqlo's collection of oxford shirts, I have another in ivory with dark blue polka dots. I'm actually still tempted to get more but I know I'm just being greedy.

Lighter makeup again, I layered orange powder blush over a pink gel blush to create the perfect peach colour. Didn't really style my hair other then putting it in normal curlers for awhile, just to give it some volume.

I managed to find out the name of my obsession: Zakka. That probably encompasses the entire vintage, wooden, retro feel of the pictures and clothes I currently adore. Or maybe not quite, since Zakka is quite a loose term, but still, it's nice to put a name to it. Some consider the style simply as Natural style or Casual Natural, I'm not sure what's the difference but all I know is that I like it and will probabaly look deeper into it over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment