Thursday, July 11, 2013

Cosfest 2013 (Day 1)

Quick recap on what happened on day 1 of Cosfest 2013 last Saturday before I'm off to bed!

I cosplayed Rapunzel from the movie Tangled as I was part of a team of Disney princesses, Mini helped me do up the wig and despite being pretty heavy due to the sheer length and volume, it was quite bearable.

Lots of camwhores with friends that day, everyone looks amazing with their cosplays
 

More camwhores, despite having made arrangements with another group of friends to stay at their chalet, I ended up crashing at Blacklash's (the sexy Ada Wong in the middle and bottom right pics) chalet for most of the 3 days. The little girl on the left bttom pic was such a cutie, she was being brought around by her mom and couldn't have been more then 5 or 6 years old! She was such a shy little thing.


Camwhores with my amazing Disney Princess team! We had a Snow White, Aurora, Merida, Jasmine, Mulan, Tinkerbell, Pocahontas, Ariel, Megara and Belle. Everyone looked gorgeous! 


I also took part in the Cure cosplay walk that day. Was bit disappointed that because of it, I was held up from joining my team in many shoots, so there's a lot of pictures of my team flying around but without me :( However, it certainly was fun to walk onstage though I was winging it most of the time with my posing and was super worried bout my heavy wig falling right off my head right on the stage,
 
Shoot with some of my team members, Astellecia Skye (the one cosplaying Mulan) was the leader of the team and the one who invited me to join it. Really grateful for her doing so as I'd never have gotten to know these other gorgeous ladies otherwise.
 

Solo shot of me, I'm bit disappointed that there isn't the "flip" in my fringe but other then that, the wig was fantastic and my costume was pretty comfortable to run around in all day. I was happily dancing around backstage whilst waiting for my turn to walk on stage for the Cure walk.
 
 
There were so many incredible cosplayers that day but I shan't spam you guys with the images, so I've only put up a few of my friends' pictures.
 

Selicia cosplaying Hanji from Shingeki no Kyojin, doesn't she look spot on like the character?! The titan is Lawliet, who was crazily running around and trolling everyone
 

I dare you to find me a better Hanji, seriously...
 

I also met this cosplayer that I was admiring her costume from afar. I can't quite remember the series she's cosplaying as, but I did ask her how did she do her amazing headgear as it looked like a solid piece of moulded plastic both up close and from afar. She laughed and told me it was nothing more than foam with multiple layers of primer to give it the shine and hardness.
 
 
After the event, I went back to Blacklash's chalet where a whole gang of us ended up sharing a sukiyaki dinner. Her boyfriend and fellow cosplay photographer, Rescend, was really kind to help us buy the groceries needed for the night.
 
Here's a picture of Rescend (on the left) and the other guys looking mighty pleased with themselves hahahaha
 
 
I will be uploading a post on day 2 soon, but in the mean time, have a look at what cosplay photographers do when they're waiting around during the waning hours of an event:
 
 



Have fun watching the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment