Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Outfit of the Day: Museum Trip

I went to the museum awhile back as I was really keen to have a look at a particular exhibit, Princely Treasures from the House of Lichtenstein. Basically, looking at the furniture and paintings and stuff of European Royalty. 
  

They mostly had oil paintings but even so, the artists layered the paints to create 3D effects on certain areas such as jewellery and light, delicate feathering to show the texture of soft fur.




This is a rug.... no seriously, a floor rug.





This is actually a clock that was able to tell you the year, month, date and time. But I'm not quite sure how it does all that and it wasn't in the explanations. Still a beautiful piece to look at.

Bf's favourite painting


Found this outside the museum's restaurant.
 
I took the opportunity to dress up abit but I wasn't quite sure what to wear, so I stuck to a few basic pieces from my wardrobe.

Lace Dress: Cotton On
Jacket: Jouetie
Bag: Nadia
Pin on Bag: Taobao
Shoes: Taobao
Socks: Can't remember
Lace Cuffs: Baby the Stars Shine Bright


Also wore this Osewaya necklace I bought from JRunway. The ribbon is actually a light, kinda like seafoam(?) green with a tiny green gem in the middle of the gold pendant. Was deciding between that colour and white but Steph said green was more unique, and the light green colour fits most outfits effortlessly. 
 

 

A selfie pic that day. Make up was basic, no contouring, onlu used Dollywink No. 2 upper lashes, Kate glitter liner and a lip stain. It's also the last time I curled my long hair as I eventually cut it away. Will explain and show my new look in another blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment