Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Cosplay Tip: Safety Shorts

Since I'm pretty deep into cosplay lately, I figured why not add alittle section to my blog called "Cosplay Tip"? I'm not saying I'm an expert or anything, but I figured it'll be nice to give out little advice here and there to help budding cosplayers. Of course, you may agree or disagree with some stuffs I may write but that's entirely up to you.

In the mean time, today's topic is safety shorts! It's become a cosplay staple of mine ever since I realized that the majority of Japanese school girl uniforms in Japanese anime have them wearing outrageously tiny micro skirts that barely cover their bum.  Of course, in reality, not only is it difficult to walk around with such short skirts without feeling self-conscious, but you'll be attracting plenty of unwanted attention from pervy people. Sometimes you may also unintentionally "flash" yourself without realising, it could be bending down to pick up something or simply going up a rather long escalator, well you get my drift. I'd rather be safe then sorry, so I always wear a pair of safety shorts, just in case of anything.

This is my favourite pair of safety shorts. I actually have a few others but they are slightly longer so sometimes they can be seen peeking out from beneath my costume.

Showing how it looks like underneath one of my shorter costumes, my Persona 4 cosplay of Fujiwara Rise.


Not only will the safety shorts help to protect your modesty, but it will help in creating unwanted situations. I've seen poor girls tripping over in their sky-high heels only to land flat on the floor, unintentionally exposing themselves to a group of nasty photographers taking advantage of the situation.

Some of my friends choose to wear boy leg panties instead as it doesn't affect the look of the outfits, or even bloomers if they wanna feel extra girly underneath a ruffled dress. My point is, with revealing costumes, it helps to have alittle security 

No comments:

Post a Comment