Monday, February 9, 2015

New Year Celebration

Ridiculously late post but I don't care because I had too much fun celebrating New Year's with my friends. 

We first started with a Studio Ghibli marathon, lots of insane junk food which probably added 5kg to my petite frame (making look like an additional 10kg), played Cards Against Humanity, drank till we were simply rolling around the floor in laughter and attempting to finish the game before finally collapsing in my friend's spare room for the night. 

Loveliest people I could ever spend New Year's with, from right, Kanoe (who kindly offered her house to party at), Skrei, Jean, me and Judith.

How apt that our first card of the game was about New Year's too! Guess which card won this round?

Played with my friend's adorable Japanese Spitz named, Nyx. We put a necklace from Princess Mononoke on him, as he'll be my friend's "wolf" in her future shoot.

2014 pushed alot of my boundaries, I felt lost and scared and alone many times during the year and was made to deal with many painful decisions. I grew up and many life lessons were dealt to me whether I liked it or not but I felt like 2014 taught me more about life than any other year. 

I left difficult situations and people whether voluntarily or not but thanks to these events, as painful and troubling as they were, I eventually met many people whom I feel truly comfortable with. I can be myself, even sharing disgusting, weird parts of myself with them and they accept it, or even hit back with more weird, random, disgusting things and it feels amazing! I don't bother dressing up or putting on makeup or taking selfies as much as finally, I feel more comfortable in my own skin and being who I am and knowing that I won't be rejected over such trivial things. I hardly wear makeup and dress pretty casually now on most days unless required, as I no longer feel the intense need for a barrier between myself and the world or to fake a confident persona. I feel accepted and loved and more in touch with my self identity than ever before. 

There are many emotional scars that I still have to deal with and to build up my self confidence and self esteem, and even though I know there are still many challenges to be faced, but for once in my life, I feel like I can actually truly face the unknown future and say, "I am not afraid, come at me".

No comments:

Post a Comment